Saturday, January 7, 2012

Seventy-Three

Hey, everyone!

I may or may not have some good news regarding my employment situation. I'll have an update on that in the next week or so. I'm feeling pretty confident, but I don't want to say anything on here until I know for sure. So keep checking back!

Here's this week's "Too Close Tuesday" shot:


Anyone care to make a last guess?

Here's the answer, in photo form:


Wooo!! You guys were right! (Most of you, anyway) It's the hand on my watch. Nice work, people...Very impressive. I'm gonna have to think of something more difficult for next week's. =P

Here are a few more photos from this week:

Hello, again, old friends.
The weather was SO NICE on Thursday. Everyone knows that, though. Here in Rapid City it was 73 degrees! Seventy-Three! I watched the news that night and the meteorologist said it was warmer here than it was almost everywhere in the whole country. Including Florida and Texas! Holy cow! So, I'm very glad I used a little bit of that nice weather to go for a run. I was a little weirded out, because I was wearing a tank top and shorts...in January...but it did feel good and it was amazing to get a little sun.

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. And a cozy blanket. =)
Ahhh, sunshine...
All caught up now. I've noticed my photos so far this year have been kinda dark and uncolorful. I will seek out some brightness next week! Hooray, colors!!

Alright, so here's the deal, my friends....

(I crossed out the old info, here's the NEW deal....)

Since ChipIn wasn't really what I was looking for, I've decided to do away with the whole goal and deadline thing. (Even though I was REALLY excited to do that)...Instead, I'm accepting donations straight through PayPal. Which, to me, seems much safer than including the ChipIn middleman. So now, there are no deadlines, but still that $700 goal. I will keep you all updated on how this little fundraiser is going, and hopefully before it's time to shoot those weddings, I'll be able to purchase some awesome new equipment. (Here's the info on that, copied from my crossed out text: Basically, I have three weddings to shoot this summer, and I really really really want some new equipment before those big days. I want to give my clients some amazing photos and I want their wedding shoot to go as smoothly as possible, so I'm looking at getting a new lens and some other great equipment which will help achieve the best results. I've got lots of other life expenses piling up, so I doubt I'll be able to afford these things on my own. So I'm trying this out, to see if I can raise some money through here)

If you'd like to contribute, click on the fancy new "Donate" button below. This button will be on my blog all the time, so it'll be available later if you decide to chip in.

Thanks so so soooo much for any donations, they will help me get myself off my feet and living my dream. =)




I've started a ChipIn account. What this means, is that I've set a goal to raise $700 by April 1st, through donations made by my lovely readers (you!) I've never done anything like this before - I've never asked people for money, but I think this is a good way to get started with my photo business. Basically, I have three weddings to shoot this summer, and I really really really want some new equipment before those big days. I want to give my clients some amazing photos and I want their wedding shoot to go as smoothly as possible, so I'm looking at getting a new lens and some other great equipment which will help achieve the best results. I've got lots of other life expenses piling up, so I doubt I'll be able to afford these things on my own. So I'm trying this out, to see if I can raise some money through here.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Just use the link below to get started.

(PS - The thing about ChipIn is, if my goal isn't reached by my deadline, then your donations don't make it to me and you keep the money. So, if you're really interested in helping out, it is very important that I reach my goal. Feel free to pass this along to friends and family who might be willing to donate, as well.
Also, if you make a donation, let me know! I'll figure out some cool way to repay you in the future, whether by a quick photoshoot or maybe a print or seven of a photo of your choice. We'll figure all that out later. I just want you to know that any amount is soooo much appreciated, and I could not thank you enough for the help.)

So...Here we go!!

WAIT!! Update: The ChipIn thing is being silly and not working the way I was wanting it to. So, I'm going to check out a few more options and then re-post all this info. So hang on, we'll be rolling in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!