Monday, May 9, 2011

Graduated!

Here is my first post as a college graduate!

It's been a ridiculously busy weekend for us. Brian's family arrived in Sioux Falls on Thursday night, so we greeted them at the airport and then hung out at the hotel for a while afterward. Then we drove back to Madison and got a few hours of sleep before heading back to Sioux Falls to meet them for breakfast Friday morning. The rest of the weekend is sort of a blur! Lots of late nights and early mornings (I've been up by 7:30 every morning since Wednesday...That's super early for me, especially when I never get to bed before midnight.)

Graduation was on Saturday. It was a great day! We got together with our families and some friends afterward. I was wearing my new shoes, which I'm still struggling to walk in, so walking across the stage was a little stressful to me. Ha! But I did alright and I didn't fall or anything, so that's a good thing! Brian and I were both dressed up all snazzy so you'll have to check back for pictures once I get them on here.

And yesterday we had a little party at my hometown church with my family and Brian's parents. We had some great food, all prepared by my parents. They worked super hard to get everything cooked and ready for the day so I can't thank them enough for putting everything together for us. =)

Now, we're back in Madison, all alone. It feels pretty good to just be able to wear jeans and t-shirts and relax for the first time all week. Today we have to set up some apartment viewing appointments and get Brian's car fixed and start on Thank You notes. Still a busy day, but also relieving.

Oh, and I'm on Brian's Mac these days (I had to return my beloved piece-of-crap Gateway to the school on Friday. Sad, sad day.) so I'm not sure when I'll have photos up. I'll have to ask him if I can store them on here until I can save up some money to buy my own. Hang in there, friends!

Check back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Denise --
    Congrats on Graduating! And landing a sweet (paid) internship! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I am so excited to move out there and start working!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!