Thursday, March 3, 2011

Talent

Let me just say, I am extremely glad that Dustin's game is actually tomorrow night and not tonight. I had thought I was going to miss Nate Edwards's CD release party tonight. Turns out, my dates were off and the game is tomorrow.

So...I got to attend the show, and I am so so so glad I did! It was such a fun and relaxing time. Once again, I went with my buddy Paul, and one of our new friends and DSU Live members, Zach. We talked and laughed and listened to amazing music. Nate collaborated with a whole bunch of local musicians, including DSU faculty and students. I was in awe of all the talent packed into that little coffeehouse. I shot some photos - not as many as I would have liked to, but I was enjoying the music and atmosphere so much that I didn't want to be hiding behind my camera the whole time. It was, surprisingly, a nice feeling. I did, however, get these shots:

Nate and Cassie - Possibly the most talented couple I've ever met. Both of them are amazing! Definitely check out Cassie's blog! She's an expert artist, photographer, knitter, and cook! (Actually I can't say for sure about the cook...I've never tried it. But judging off her photos of her food...It's gotta be delicious!) They are both so great!

And a few more random photos:


This little "tip jar" (goblet?) was my favorite. Paul thinks this should be an album cover. Haha. It's pretty cool.
Please help me out and tell me which of the above 5 photos is your favorite. I'm not sure which to use as today's photo of the day. Comments are lovely!

So...Guess who was the goober and didn't bring money to the CD release party? Yours truly. Who goes to a CD release party without money?! Yep...I thought I had some cash in my camera bag and I most definitely did not. Zach was going to lend me $10 so I could buy one, but I figured I'd never get his $10 back to him (cuz I'm forgetful like that,) so I didn't accept. So, I asked Nate to put one aside for me and I'd buy one from him at some point in the future. Instead, he gave me a "trade" for some of the photos I'd taken at his previous shows. I do enjoy art trades. That's my second one this year, actually. Last semester I made a trade with Laci - Some photos from me for some character drawings from her. Now, if only I could find someone to trade me hundreds of dollars..... Ha. Just kidding. But, anyway -  Thank you, Nate, for the wonderful music. Both on disc AND live. =)

Yesterday morning I got up at 4:50 feeling nauseous and shivering. The feeling lingered throughout most of the day. I tried going back to sleep but couldn't. I unfortunately stayed home from class, despite being awake far long enough to make it. I ate some crackers for lunch and watched Pride & Prejudice and was just a complete downer all day. I did, however, trek down to campus and spent a small amount of time at the rock show happening there last night. Didn't stay long, sadly, because my head started hurting like crazy.

152/365: He was sitting perfectly under one of our very few working lights. Love it!
Tuesday we made some philly cheese steak sandwiches. Or some form of them, at least. It was Brian's idea. I used some of the round steak my parents gave me (meat care packages rule!) which I slow cooked all day. Then we mixed in some grilled onions and peppers, and melted cheese on top. They were pretty great.

151/365
And, lastly, today I made these: Snickerdoodle Blondies. They are sooooo good! I made a ginormous mess in my kitchen (creaming butter and brown sugar isn't the easiest of steps with a hand mixer,) but it was worth it. One of my new favorites, for sure! Try them out - They're super easy!

Basketball game tomorrow! Wishing Dustin and the Eagles luck as they advance in their District Tournament. A win tomorrow means championship game next week! Positive thoughts are always welcome. As always, I'll have some photos for you after the game. =) Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!