Monday, January 17, 2011

Stuck

I had quite an embarrassing moment today. After a quick shopping trip at Sunshine (milk, ground beef, chicken, and pop) I headed back to my apartment. There's a 4-way stop along the way, and once I stopped there, I COULDN'T MOVE!! My tires just couldn't get any traction in the snow/ice, and the stop is also at an incline so I was almost rolling BACKWARDS. There were two cars behind me, waiting. I had to wave the others at the 4-way to go ahead of me, while the cars behind me were honking. It was sort of a disaster. At one point I had to open my door and wave the cars behind me to go around (oh yeah, my driver side window doesn't work)....Finally one of them did, just as I remembered that I have 4-wheel-drive. I clicked that on, and *problem solved!* It was quite ridiculous, though. So, if anyone reading this happened to see that...I'm sorry for the odd inconvenience...Wasn't my fault! Anywho...I did make it home. But now I'm going to have to remind myself of that beautiful 4WD option that I have. Duhhhh.

If you couldn't guess from the above paragraph, I am now back in Madison. Don't really start classes until Wednesday, but I've already got some homework so I've been working on that today. I have a feeling this semester is going to be tough. Lots of designing and reading and testing to do. I suppose going out with a BANG is the best way...? Hope so. I already know I will be so happy and relieved when May arrives.

Brian will be here on Friday, and I'm very excited about it. A lot of the reason is because I'm excited to eat some "good-for-me" meals again. I've never cooked good meals for JUST myself, so I'm not sure exactly how to do it. Ha! Tonight I made myself a frozen pizza. Maybe some mac & cheese is in the near future, as well. Thursday I'm going to whip up a batch of chili so Brian and I can enjoy that when he gets here on Friday. =)

Anywho...Some photos?

108/365: I mentioned my ginormous change collection on facebook today and decided it would be perfect for today's photo. I'm very interested in finding out how much money is actually there, but I want to keep this pile as long as possible and continue to add to it. Maybe we'll never know!

107/365: Ever wanted to see the inside of a snow-drift? This was pressing into our balcony doors when I got here yesterday. Today Traci scraped some of it down, but we decided that it might actually be keeping this place warmer, so most of it is still there.
106/365: A shot from Saturday's basketball game. We lost, pretty horribly, but put up a good fight. Aside from Dustin, these are two of my favorite players, Sam and Greg. (Actually, that's not true. MOST of the team is my "favorite" players. Aside from a few.......)   
105/365: PLAY-DOH! (I actually had to Google it to find the correct spelling. Ha!) This is green, pink, white, and black play-doh mixed together. Can't resist that color combination! Not the best photo - the focus is off, pretty terribly. But I like it for some reason. I think it's just the colors. Halle helped me with this shot. She held the little flashlight so I could get in closer. Did a great job! =D
Time for some more homework.

But first, I want to mention that I think the movie Twilight would actually be ALRIGHT, if the acting was better and/or Kristen Stewart didn't do that twitchy head-shake thing while blinking super fast. Drives me CRAZY! Sort of saddens me that she takes a ton of quality out of this movie. Blah....

Anywho, homework time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!