Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bugs

The long weekend is over. Giant sigh of sadness on 3. Ready, 1, 2, 3, "awwwwwww."

Yesterday we drove to my home in Irene so I could pick up some props for a photo project. We were delightfully surprised to find out that Dustin had a football game later that afternoon. So we went to the game and, thanks to it being at 5:00 instead of 7:00, I got some pretty alright shots of the game. (Something I'd been struggling with...My lens just can't keep up in the dark, even with the stadium lights.)

And TODAY is Dustin's 16th birthday. I can't believe my little baby brother is all grown up and stuff. He just keeps getting older and older. I didn't buy him anything for his birthday, but I did stay home much longer than anticipated to help him finish a biology project. Didn't get back to Madison until about 12:30 am, but it was worth it. When I was a sophomore in high school, he and his friends helped me with that exact project. (The project is to collect 30 different bugs and classify them, then pin them to a piece of foamboard. Needless to say, he was much more willing, at 9 years old, to find a bunch of bugs than I was.)

So anyway...I have three photos to post for today from my 365 Project.


10/365 - Dustin's football game. I chose this photo over more clear ones of him because I LOOOOVE all the action going on here. Dustin is the one in the white with the guy flying over him. My favorite part of this is the kid on the right (can't see his number so I'm not sure who it is) mid-fall. I was surprised my camera could capture action like this, to be honest. Still learning.
9/365 - Brian and I went for a walk late-evening on Sunday. Loved the way these trees looked surrounding the streetlight.
The trees outside, along with the streetlights, make some awesome shadows on my wall. I've been wanting to get this shot for a while now. Since lots of leaves have fallen off the trees, it makes the shadow a big spookier. I will probably revisit this idea in the future and try it out with a tripod so there's no blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!