Sunday, January 23, 2011

FOOD

I have spent my day with Brian, football, Illustrator, and a book titled "Readings in Contemporary Rhetoric." I have been reading and trying to wrap my mind around what's going on in that book, but it's not so easy. I am going to have to treat this class the same as I did Accounting last semester. Pay attention, take notes, do the homework, and come out with an A. Or, possibly not. But I will try my best!

Brian got back to SoDak on Friday (which, I know, you are all aware of because it was all I could talk about last week.) Jason, Ashley, and I went to pick him up in Sioux Falls and had a late lunch together. His plane flew directly over us when we were driving to the airport. It was a pretty cool experience. Would have been cooler if he had seen us, too. Oh well.

It is nice having things back to "normal" around here. Making dinner together, especially. I never really bothered to cook for myself, so now that Brian's back I can make some MEALS again. It's exciting!

Which leads into today's POTD:

114/365: Mmmmm!
Tonight we made this deeelicious buffalo chicken mac & cheese. Brian suggested it for tonight after mentioning that his friend Brent told him about it. So I found a recipe online (HERE!) and we adjusted a few things (used shells instead of macaroni, omitted the celery, and added a drizzle of blue cheese) and it turned out GREAT. Brian gave it a "Top 5" rating, which is pretty huge. I'm not a ginormous fan of spicy stuff, so I didn't eat a whole lot of it, but it tasted pretty excellent. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes buffalo flavored stuff.

Anywho...Back to school tomorrow. (I say that like it makes for a long day for me. In reality, I have class from 9-12, 3 days a week. Yes, I am going to get a job to fill in the rest of my time, don't worry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!