Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First Snow!

Last night I barely slept, due to the wind howling outside/inside/around my window. We had predictions of some snow overnight and into the morning, but I wasn't going to get my hopes up. After an incredibly windy day, I just figured the gusts would continue, all by their lonesome, with no flakes to accompany them.

However, I woke up pleasantly surprised.

26/365: The first snow of the season.

This cute dusting of snow was waiting for me on my balcony today. The first snow of the season. As a South Dakotan, I know there is much more to come.

The wind continued to be ridiculous throughout the day, and it's still blowing like mad, but I guess tomorrow it's supposed to be a bit more pleasant.

I am definitely ready for the winter. The chill of the wind and the bite of the low temps are so amazing to me. One of my most favorite feelings in the whole world is the feeling of warming up after being outside in the cold. So comforting.

And I looooove the snow. Last year we were blessed/burdened with a massive snowstorm during Christmas. At first it seems like it would have been terrible, especially when your family has a tradition of traveling to the homes of your aunts & uncles & grandmas & grandpas & cousins & such, as mine does. But we spent that Christmas morning playing a board game with our neighbors. We brought over some snacks and just simply enjoyed some stress-free time, something that doesn't seem to exist anymore during Christmas. (Which is really sad, I think.) It will always be one of my most memorable holiday seasons, and I have the wonderful snow to thank for that.

Expect many more Christmas-talking posts from me...It is my ultimate favorite holiday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!