Monday, September 27, 2010

Enough

I feel like an artist again.

It's been a while, but I finally feel like it's in me once more. I had somehow lost it for a while, without my consent. I had been trying to stay inspired and motivated, but it just wasn't there anymore. But taking a figure drawing class and an advanced photography class has rekindled my love. I am surprised at how just spending 15 minutes doing gesture drawings can make me want to draw all day. And doing a late evening photoshoot outdoors can make me never want to put my camera down.

So last night, I roped Brian into going for a walk with me. We ended up having a photographic adventure, after I learned how to shoot HDR with my camera. He was pointing out shots that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. He was being an incredible assistant of sorts, and the night would have been so dull without him there. 

Here is my favorite shot of the night:


I never knew I had that in me. It is a huge confidence booster. Finally, I can tell myself that, yes, I am a photographer. And I am good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!