Monday, August 29, 2011

Just ended a fun little chat with my old roommate. And it reminded me that she wants me to keep this thing updated, so here goes...

A few nights ago, I was home alone and feeling like I needed to go do something. Since the apartment is just a few blocks away from the Central States Fairgrounds, I loaded up my camera gear (which, really, is just a small bag and a tripod, but I feel all awesome saying "camera gear.") and walked over to the fair.














It was a fun little time I had there. Sadly, my battery died after about an hour, so I didn't get as many shots as I was wanting. But now the carnival rides and deep-fried foods and laughing children have left the fairgrounds, so I'll just have to wait until next summer for more fair photos. It felt good to get out there and start shooting again.

I'm heading home this weekend and I could not be more excited for it. Friday night I get to see my baby brother play football. (I say baby brother, but the kid is a Junior in high school....) Then on Saturday, my very first and best friend of my whole life is getting married! He and his wife-to-be asked me to shoot some candid photos at the wedding and reception, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. And THEN at some point during the weekend, I will be doing some senior photos for one of my brother's friends. It is going to be one very fun-filled photo weekend! So excited to be creative with my camera again.

I have a feeling there's a very exciting future in store for me. I can't wait to get it started. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!