Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Note

Well, folks...I've hit that wall again. This long weekend we had was great, but I think it hurt my creative juices. I worked my tail off on a project for class and some designs for Something Clicked Photography and I even finished my self-portrait for another class. I think all the time I spent with my nose in Photoshop and Illustrator just kind of shut off my brain to photography. I also think this 'double tap' of winter weather didn't help. I was doing great when I was able to get outside because it really put me in this great mood. But now it's back to cold and snowy and icy and I'm just ready for it to be spring already.

Tonight I decided to showcase something that makes me happy every time I see it. A few weeks ago, my friend Kim came down from Brookings to get a quick lesson in Illustrator. I don't think I helped her much, and she probably left feeling like I'm a terrible teacher, but we did have fun. We made hot ham & cheese sammiches and tomato soup and had a fun little couple hours. I don't see my friends nearly as much as I want/need to, so seeing this every day reminds me that even when I don't see them, they're still there.

144/365: Note. Kim wrote this on my whiteboard calendar. One day in high school I wrote "Delmar was here" on the whiteboard at her house (now her dad's.) Every time I went to her house after that, I would add "and again!" somewhere on the board. That note has been there for like 8 years now! I've even started the trend at her mom's place, too. So Kim added to mine and I will never ever erase it. =)

And, even though I don't want to post it, here's yesterday's photo. It was taken at around 1:00 in the morning, right before I went to bed. Again, I've been in a creative photo slump for a few days. I debated whether or not to post it, but since this is the blog for my project, I figured it was only fair to show you my 'off' days, too. So here ya go. It's my couch cushions. Ha!


143/365: Blah.

And, because I promised I'd post it, here's the project I've been working on. It's finished! I think.

Self-Portrait using type. It's got my name, a few artsy words, my age, some other description words, and even a Bible verse and a few song lyrics hidden in there. Pretty cool stuff. This was lots of fun. =)

I suppose I should get to bed. Thanks for reading and keeping up with me even when I don't feel like I want to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

My name is Denise and this is the home of my Photography 365 Project. Here you will find many photos and lots of words and hopefully something interesting. Feel free to leave comments and kind words whenever you wish. Thanks for stopping by!